I haven't written for a while... sorry! I've been really busy with things, but that's a good sign because before I was bored a lot (still am, but I have better things to do than inform America of my life in Italy... haha). So I'm just going to try to briefly explain what I have done in the past... oh wow... almost a month =)
1. Went to a camp with all the AFS kids in the Puglia region. Boring meetings all day, but god do I love foreign exchange students =D. We had the best time ever, it was so sad to leave after only 4 days together. I'm just lucky a lot of the awesomest people live in my town so I can see them often =)
2. I went camping. It was pretty. I walked in a cave. Which was really beautiful. But the camping part wasn't so fun. And I didn't bring my camera because I thought I would break it. I was probably right.
3. I went to northern Italy. Saw the city Padova and met my host brother who is in University there. He's awesome. And Padova is beautiful! The next time we go up to the north though, my family said they would bring me to Venice which I am way excited to see! There will be pictures of Padova on facebook eventually as well =)
Those are pretty much all the cool adventures I have had since I stopped writting... so here are some updates on my daily life:
1. My family. My host sister is awesome. We are still like real sisters. I am so glad for this because some of my friends aren't close to their host siblings... I can't imagine not being anymore =). My little host bro is sooooo awesome!!!! As some people may know, my name when I am a man is Paco. I taught my little brother to say "I am Paco" and now he runs around the house shouting this. I love it =D. My host mom is what I had always thought "Typical Italian" but even more, and real. She really cares about me and my brother and sister, especially about us being cold. Especially about me being cold. Because everyone knows that you get soooo much colder than Italians when you have lived in California your whole life. Haha, she likes to give me food too. Lots and lots of food. =D. My host dad likes to talk to me about intelligent stuff. But for some reason he and my host mom are the two Italians i can understand the least of what they are saying so explaining intelligent stuff to Emily is difficult. But they really feel like my family and I am so happy to be here =).
2. My school. Boring. Haven't really been getting along with the class I am officially in. I like them, but I think the novelty of being American has worn off, and I don't have really much time in the class anyway because they take subjects that I don't understand. And most of my other classes are cool too. I have been taking German, yes for nine hours a week, and I have not learned a thing. It is soooo hard learning it in Italian when it's not my first language and I'm so focused on the Italian that the German pretty much slips through the cracks.
3. My friends. As I mentioned, I don't really hang out with my class a lot like I would probably be expected to. I like the group of foreign exchange students too much =). It's not really a bad thing, because I don't get to go out a lot, and I still speak Italian all day. But foreign students are the awesomest people on earth. It's proven.
4. The food. Yes, I know, everyone wants to hear about it. It's the first question I always get when I talk to people... yes it is amazing! The food at my new house is even better than the first (which I didn't know was possible). Because it's cold now it seems we are eating lots of soup. Not as much pasta as you may think. Also lots of fish, bread, and pizza. And the coffee. My favorite thing ever. I can't live without it. And Italian coffee is amazing.
5. Wait. That's all I can think of.
Here, I can tell you guys what I miss:
1. The warm weather in CA. But I can survive.
2. My little dog. We only have big dogs here. I want my little dog to sit on my lap.
3. American milk. The Italian milk has a nasty aftertaste...
4. Not being tired all the time. It's my fault actually... if only I didn't stay up all night talking to my host sister...
5. Having time to do things. I don't even know why I have no time. I seem to wake up in the morning and then suddenly it is like 11 pm...
6. My dad's cooking. He needs to send me his recipe for cinnamon rolls.
7. Not having to dry my hair. They literally freak out if you have wet hair here. They think it's going to give you a headache. No joke.
8. American stores. I personally, do not like Italian fashion. Come here and you will see. Some things I see people wearing or buying just get on my nerves.
9. My car. I wish I could just drive myself somewhere whenever I wanted.
10. My little Pedro. It's ok though. When I start missing him too much I just look out the window at my host cousin who is a 13 year old boy. He throws sticks at cactuses. It gets on my nerves just enough to be angry at little Pedro again XD
11. I really want a warm waffle with real maple syrup right now!!
12. Starbucks. I don't think I even really have to say this. Everyone who has met me knows that no starbucks for a year has killed me just a little inside.
13. My school in America... not specifically my school, just American schools in general... what I wouldn't kill for a little organization and an activity or two instead of a monotone lecture in ever class..
14. American gum. My parents sent me some. Seriously though... only 6 packs?!?!? That'll last me a day!! Send more!!! Anyone who wants to send some peppermint flavored extra should ask me for my address on facebook... please!! Gum, people, gum!
15. Carpet. My feets is cold.
I don't think I miss much else.... that I can think of now XD. Sorry again that I haven't written in so long... comment questions you want me to answer here next time, and I will try to next week =). Ha wishful thinking. I'd much rather sleep than write about my life. It has become so normal... I feel like I live here, but not completely Italian... it's really weird... but it would be weirder if I came back home right now... I feel like I belong here more that in California... can't explain that. All I know it that I like it =). Sooo... if you miss me you should send me some gum and skype me!!!!
Ciao ciao =D
Post a Comment